JesmondLocal is a volunteer-run, not-for-profit, hyperlocal news project that aims to serve the community of Jesmond.
If you have a story or idea you’d like to share with us at JesmondLocal, please feel free to send an email to the relevant member of this year’s team of volunteer reporters:
Education (Schools) – Bess Coop (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Education (Universities) – Alice Moulding (email@example.com)
Politics (North Jesmond) – Jenny Kinnersley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Politics (South Jesmond) – Jake Kennedy (jake@jesmondlocal:.com)
Sport – Jack Ramage (email@example.com)
Retail & Business – Ayushi Shah (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Environment – Laura Fitzsimmons (email@example.com)
Food, drink, culture – Gemma Bradley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Community (North) – Joshua Cooley (email@example.com)
Community (South) – Loujane Alasi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Transport – James Taylor (email@example.com)
Crime – Chloe Weeks (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The team of reporters is trained, advised and managed by the following volunteers:
Editor – Ian Wylie (email@example.com)
Deputy editor – Chris Stokel-Walker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contributing editor – Nelly Stavropoulou (email@example.com)
Contributing editor – Bob Cooper (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contributing editor – Claire Hawthorn (email@example.com)
Contributing editor – Sean Edward Seddon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contributing editor – Thomas Goodall (email@example.com)
Contributing editor – Madeleine Letherby (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Have a complaint?
JesmondLocal is committed to working within and adhering strictly to the Editors Code of Practice.
However, if any person feels we have breached the code in any way and wishes to make a complaint, please submit your complaint, in writing to the editor (email@example.com) in accordance with the following steps.
- All complaints must include the name and date of the publication, with reference to the specific article in question.
- Please include the URL of the article if possible, and/or link to any image or video.
- A detailed description of the complaint, with reference to specific words, phrases, images, instances, dates and records that are relevant, and which clauses of the Editors Code of Practice you believe the publication has breached.
Who can complain?
- Complaints must be made on behalf of a named individual only. This includes complaints where businesses and organisations are involved
- In submitting a complaint, you must provide your full name, address, phone number and email.
What can I complain about?
- You can complain about any article, in print or online, including words, images and audio/video content.
- You can also complain about the conduct of an individual journalist or employee of the publication in question, with reference to specific (if any) clauses of the Editors Code which are in breach.
- Complaints must be contemporaneous and must be made within four months of publication.
- JesmondLocal will endeavour to respond to the complainant within 21 working days.
- The editor will confirm receipt of the complaint within three working days by contacting the complainant via email.
- All complaints will be dealt with by the editor who published the article, and/or the employer of the named individual.
- The editor will investigate the complaint to the best of his/her ability, in respect of the Editors Code of Practice, and respond accordingly.
- If we uphold your complaint, we will inform you of the remedial actions taken or to be taken.
- If the complainant is not satisfied with the suggested resolution, they are free to seek the advice of a media lawyer.
All information provided to JesmondLocal will be handled sensitively and within the boundaries of the Data Protection Act 1998.