Some quick advice on how to use JesmondLocal most effectively to promote your news, events, products or services to the good people who live or work in Jesmond:
First, the free stuff:
1. News story - if you have some genuinely interesting, exciting or important news that’s relevant to the people of Jesmond, email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) a couple of paragraphs and one of our volunteer reporters will get back to you with a view to writing, photographing, filming or audio-recording a report. Please try to include as much detail as possible… and a (good) photograph or two is usually a help.
2. Facebook - become our friend on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/jesmondlocal) and post your news as a comment on our wall.
3. Twitter - follow us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/@jesmondlocal) and give us a nudge to retweet your important news.
4. Post-it note - down the right hand side of the front page of JesmondLocal (http://jesmondlocal.com) you’ll find a Lino-It cork-board where you can post a sticky note. No, really! This is primarily for community groups rather than businesses. Keep it brief, mind – anything more than Tweet length (140 characters) risks being unpeeled! And keep it clean (obviously).
5. Diary - if you have diary dates that you’d like to enter in the Google calendar that appears on the right hand side of the JesmondLocal front page, let us know and we’ll “invite” you to have access.
Now the stuff you can buy - for maximum impact!
6. Text advertising - from just £5 a week. Just click on the lines of text ads on the JesmondLocal front page and follow the instructions (but email me if you get stuck).
7. Banner advertising - from just £20 a week. Again, just click on the ad you’d like to buy on the JesmondLocal front page or inside pages and follow the instructions. We can offer ad design at a small fee, if you like.
8. Magazine advertising - we’re going to be publishing a JesmondLocal magazine three times a year that will be distributed to several thousand households in Jesmond. The first will be published in late October 2011. If you’re interested in buying some display advertising in the magazine, drop us an email.
9. Sponsorship - we have a calendar of sponsorship opportunities including the monthly JesmondLocal online radio show which starts October 2011; our community journalism bootcamps which take place three times a year; and our ever popular annual hustings events during the May local elections. If you’d like more details, again drop us an email.
10. Your big idea - if you have an idea of other ways in which JesmondLocal could help you reach your audience, we’re all ears. Just drop us an email.
Thanks for getting involved – we look forward to working with you.